Do you own firearms and not want to leave them at home when you’re out of town? Secure your firearms with CTVSP when you are away from home and rest assured that they are stored in a safe location.
CTVSP offers firearms storage for members and non-members. This limited period of storage must conform to all regulations set by CTVSP which may change at any time without notice.
CTVSP rules governing storage of firearms:
- All stored guns must have a trigger lock but case can not be locked
- All firearms must be legally obtained and a registration certificate must be presented at the time of storage.
- If the owner of the firearms do not have a transport permit they may ask CTVSP to pick up the firearms to be stored at a cost of $150.00 if the firearms are within a reasonable distance from the range.
- The person storing the firearms must have a firearm license or must be in the process of obtaining a PAC certificate.
- The owner of the firearms will be responsible for the upkeep of the firearms at least twice a year or may mandate the Club to clean and maintain the same firearms twice a year at a fee of $25.00 per pistol or revolver and $45.00 for long arms like rifles and shotguns. This cost is per cleaning and is above and beyond the storage fees.
- A tolerance of 12 months will be granted to the new owner to register a firearm bought at CTVSP. It will be the responsibility of the new owner to ensure that registration is completed within the 12-month grace period.
- If the storage of firearms is ordered by the Sûreté du Québec or any other legal organization, permission to pick up the firearms must be submitted to CTVSP by the Sûreté du Québec. Failure to produce written permission will prevent the firearms in storage from being released.
- The owner of the firearms is responsible for renewing the storage period of the stored firearms. CTVSP is not bound in any way to send reminders for the renewal of the storage period. All storage fees must be paid in full at the time of renewal.
- If the storage fees are not renewed within 15 days of the expired storage date, CTVSP is not bound to continue to store these firearms. The firearms will thus be forwarded to the Surete de Quebec for destruction.
- Should any law enforcement organization (RCMP. SQ, MUC) in any legal matter confiscate the stored firearms, CTVSP will not be responsible for their destruction or otherwise.
- The owner of the stored firearms stored must have a valid transport permit to pick up and transport the firearms from CTVSP
Handgun storage fees:
|CTVSP Members||Non Members|
|Short term||Minimum one month||$25.00/Per Gun||$50.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||One year or more||$100.00 / Per Gun||$200.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||Extra gun in same case||$50.00 / Per Gun||$100.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||Extra gun in separate case||$100.00 / Per Gun||$200.00 / Per Gun|
Rifle & Shotgun storage fees:
|CTVSP Members||Non Members|
|Short term||Minimum one month||$25.00 / Per Gun||$100.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||One year or more||$150.00 / Per Gun||$250.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||Extra gun in same case||$100.00 / Per Gun||$150.00 / Per Gun|
|Long term||Extra gun in separate case||$150.00 / Per Gun||$250.00 / Per Gun|
Storage fees are reviewed annually and will only be guaranteed for the agreed storage period. CTVSP is under no obligation to guarantee the storage price for more than the agreed storage period. Any renewal of a storage period may be subject to increases.
For details about firearms storage, refer to the RCMP Firearms Act and Regulations at www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/pol-leg/act-loi-eng.htm